Change in Terms
• The names of six major categories were changed from noun to verb forms.
• As the taxonomy reflects different forms of thinking and thinking is an active process verbs were used rather than nouns.
• The subcategories of the six major categories were also replaced by verbs and some subcategories were reorganized.
• The knowledge category was renamed. Knowledge is an outcome or product of thinking not a form of thinking per se. Consequently, the word knowledge was inappropriate to describe a category of thinking and was replaced with the word remembering instead.
• Comprehension and synthesis were retitled to understanding and creating respectively, in order to better reflect the nature of the thinking defined in each category.